One of our favorite summer pastimes is golf. Here are a few of our favorite courses along the front range.
1. Fox Hollow- located in Lakewood, approximately Kipling and Morrison Rd. This course offers 27 holes, on three different 9s, The Canyon, The Meadows and the Links. All three of the nine hole tracks offer up different challenges. Our personal favorite combination is the Canyon/Meadows courses. Prices are competitive.
2. Deer Creek- located in Littleton, approximately C-470 and Ken Caryl. This is a standard 18 hole course, that offers a multitude of challenges. This course requires the golfer to be very accurate with their shots, as a misfire of only a few yards will most likely end up in an out of bounds or a lost ball. This course will make you use every club in your bag.
3. Murphy Creek- located in Aurora, approximately E-470 and Jewell. Another 18 hole course, that offers up plenty of challenges. This course can be extremely long if playing from the Men’s tees, but is still a walkable course. Prices are competitive.
4. Red Hawk Ridge- located in Castle Rock, approximately I-25 and E Wolfensberger Rd. An 18 hole course located in the hills around Castle Rock. This course is not particularly long, but it does require strategic shot selection. There isn’t a flat hole on the course and offers up some spectacular views. Prices are competitive.
5. Colorado National- located in Erie, approximately a few miles west of I-25 and Baseline. Colorado National is the exclusive home of the Men’s and Women’s Golf teams at the University of Colorado at Boulder. This is an 18 hole championship course, that is extremely well maintained. This course features multiple elevation changes, and water features so there are plenty of challenges.